Thursday, July 3, 2008
How is this possible?
Ok, so I was babysitting my two nephews yesterday, ages 5 and 9. Not a problem at all. All of the kiddos, 5 of them, were outside playing on the swingset and slip-n-slide for about 2-3 hours. Not a problem. Well, when it came time to clean up, I sent Claire and Matthew out to get this, that, and pick up their Crocs. Not a problem. Well, Claire comes in bawling that she couldn't find one of her Crocs. Not a problem. Mom will save the day. Well, I looked, and looked, and looked, and looked some more. Can't find it. Problem. When Jon came home from work, he looked for it, too. Couldn't find it either. HOW COULD THIS BE???? She said she was on the swings and flicked off her Crocs. Ok, I looked high and low in the bushes, in the neighbor's yard behind us, and even in the trees. I'm still baffled by this. Oh, where could it be?????? I think it joined the missing socks club. Crazy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Did you look IN the trees? :) We go through the very same thing here. It's usually Caleb, and he'll flick one shoe off here, the other there, IN THE HOUSE. Then, as we're walking out the door to go somewhere, "Moooooom, where's my shoe???" sigh.
Murphy's Law:
"Buy a new pair of Crocs, and the missing Croc will show up."
Have you found the shoe yet?
Gremlins...that's always my conclusion when something goes missing. That or irresponsibility, but of course no child would ever own up to that. :) So it must be gremlins!
Post a Comment